- Manage all activities in the kitchen including food production, preparation and service
- Develops kitchen team members through hands-on training, motivation and mentorship
- Ensure that food products, presentation and plating are of the highest quality and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes and presentation in conjunction with our specifications
- Documenting on-hand inventories and placing orders while balancing quality with cost of goods and profitability
- Educate team members on safe work behaviors and maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment
- Inspect all food preparation and cooking equipment on a timely basis to ensure they are kept clean, sanitary and in good working order
- Ability to create an environment of respect, teamwork, pride and quality with compromise
- Formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred (not required)
- 3-5 Years cooking experience in an upscale-casual restaurant and experience in a culinary leadership role preferred
- Strong communication skills and leadership qualities
- Experience managing inventories and placing food orders
- High standards for cleanliness, health, safety and sanitation
- ServSafe food manager certified
- Competitive salary plus realistic bonus potential
- Employment with a stable and growing company
- Health benefit package (with employer contribution), dental, vision, life & AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation / PTO
- Full Service restaurant closed on Sunday
- Closed major holidays
- Food Discounts at all Medure Brother’s Culinary Concepts Restaurants
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
"Medure Brothers Culinary Concepts is a Jacksonville-based restaurant group founded by professional chef siblings Matthew and David Medure. Matthew’s Restaurant, Restaurant Medure, Rue Saint-Marc, Midtown Table, M Shack Town Center and Nocatee, and our newest concept M Brothers at Mayo, make up the Medure brothers’ collection of award-winning restaurants, each offering an authentic dining experience inspired by years of collaboration and a passion for innovative, high-quality cuisine and warm, genuine hospitality.
We are looking to grow our teams with positive, enthusiastic, and like-minded team members who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best dining experience for our guests. Working at Medure Brothers is a great opportunity to grow your career in the hospitality industry with a company truly committed to excellence. "
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.
Part time team members are eligible for a 25% discount. Both full time and part time team members are offered a 25% discount at Rue Saint Marc and all M Shack locations.